Child Protection Program 2022-2024
To address the protection of children by a strengthened and functional child protection system through improvement of legal and policy framework, at both national and local level; development and provision of integrated, inclusive and gender sensitive community services, and raising the resilience of children, youth, and communities toward issues of violence.
1030 children, 4430 adults, 150 parents, 3000 community members, 250 social services professionals
National level and Municipalities of Gjirokaster, Mat, Sarande
Save the Children in Albania
‘Alo 116’ Albanian National Child- Helpline
Supported by: Save the Children Italy
Total budget 530,000 Euro
- Technical and financial support to Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MHSW) to Develop the Foster Care Law and related by – laws
- Technical and financial support to the MHSW in the process of review of policy documents related to Alternative Care (AC) and De-Institutionalization plan
- Support development of the Monitoring framework of the De-Institutionalization Action Plan
- Develop a Training Manual for Judiciary professionals on AC, with particular focus on the best use of Best Interest Checklist (BIC) in all AC related judicial procedures in cooperation with the School of Magistrates and technically supported by international expertise
- Develop a monitoring report of child protection related Court Decisions (protection orders, custody, and placement)
- Facilitate, together with Municipality staff in target locations, the constitution of multi stakeholder working groups responsible for the development/update of the Local Social Plans and related budgets.
- Capacity building of target Municipalities’ staff on Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E).
- Support target Municipalities’ staff to develop the M&E Plan for the new/updated Local Social Plans
- Activation of the community centres and development of Action Plans in each targeted municipality
- Organize and conduct training for the Community Centre Staff in each target location in relation to the working principles with children and communities and topics of the Activity Plans
- Support ‘ALO 116’ staff to develop a communication strategy and action plan on relation to positive parenting and positive disciplining and communication with children at National Level
- Organization of sessions on Positive Discipline in everyday parenting with parents and caregivers in target communities (as a core activity of the Community Centre)
- Establishment and/or strengthening of Children and youth groups in each target location
- Identification and support to young girls, boys and man as champions to raise awareness in their communities in regard of harmful norms and child protection issues
- Support target communities to develop community-led mobilization/engagement plan on how to prevent and respond to child protection concerns
- National and Local Institutions adopt child centred policies and practices
- Safe, inclusive, gender sensitive services and social environment able to prevent and respond to child protection issues (incl. violence, abuse and exploitation) through family strengthening and community-based Child Protection approaches
 Child Safeguarding; meaningful participation; inclusion; gender etc.